Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Day 3 - Ananta Swa Bhava

Day 3 – Ananta Swa Bhava
My Being is without beginning or end.

Feeling spacious and unhurried is a really welcome (and rare) goodness in my life — especially where mothering is concerned. I guess for me one of the hardest things about being a mother is that feeling of not enough time. It’s so easy to rush. It’s so easy to feel like there are more important things to do than be present with kids, and, truth be told: sometimes there are. There’s no arguing the “time and a place” logic. I do my best to relish and create little moments that bring more good, simple things to light. Sometime’s it’s easy, sometimes it’s work. The cool thing about this 21-Day challenge is that I’m/we’re committed. So ultimately it doesn’t matter whether I’m in the mood or not; we’re doing it. Something about ritual…

For twenty one and a half minutes I welcomed the unbeatable feeling of having nowhere else to be but here, and this mantra just lulled me to happy. Love the reminder of the non-beginning and non-ending of it all. (Truly, what better backdrop for slowing down? There is time.) 


Tonight our now evening ritual was accompanied by a little whining, moderately violent sounding hiccups, parent lap hopping and finally snoring. Managed to sit through it all without needing to talk, address, solve, worry, manage anything. Eventually the whole house was quiet.

I bet injecting more meaning to the everyday grind would elongate time like nothing else. But how ever am I going to find routine in the day to day of child-rearing?

Oh wait. Never mind.

No comments: