Monday, October 26, 2009

Frost Heads

This morning I woke up early and took my dog, Quella, for a walk. Glorious morning and very frosty. I love fall. I love the ting in the air and the hue Colorado takes on around October. I try to remember to let go of things and let what needs to die do so, and to breathe more deeply and eat more roots. The older I get the more I appreciate winter, too. It's everything spring and summer are, just articulated differently and sans the easy to adore fluff of life. It's the same way I feel about this part of Colorado's browns and tans and beiges: it took me a while to get used to the colors that were hiding in and around what first appeared to be death, but now it blooms in every season without fail.

Some frost heads. Collards and a maple leaf; rudbeckia, and weeds and strawberries from our yard.




No comments: