Thursday, March 24, 2011

An Album - Shooting the Average, One Fine Early Spring Day

St. Vrain Greenway. Got out the iPhone. Decided to shoot the ordinary today.

And so we begin.

Better like this. Because no motor vehicles. Nice that the whole walk is not almost allowing MVs.

Sweet Willa took this shot of me and Phoebe.

Shy smile, hiked up mermaid shirt, dirty cords.

Thanks, nurses walking along the path. Cheesy.

Good day to the shadow cracks.

Filters and filtered light, tree, sun.

What's up 1974? Sweet teeth! I bite...

My fav wall. Flagstone an industry around here.

Shadow hands of my kids, embracing me with their shadow hands amidst my old shoe.

Look at this sprockety spike fescue, acting wild against the river's edge. While house cranes roof to see from background.

Another shot from Willa; she wanted to capture the sparkles in the river. Did she?

We stop and hunt for heart-shaped rocks, probably shipped in from somewhere and milled to specs. Note the right angles of suburban shadows; we are not wild.

This looks good!

 
What is a walk with my darling head children on this path without card without stopping at Left Hand Brewery for some pretzels? Alas, we cannot get in.

But we see that birds take residence nearby to the pretzel and beer place. They make nests and live in trees like normal, but include plastic in their homes. Like we do! We are not wild, or this is wild?
 
Love this flavor.


Just a logo.

Fire color under the bridge; sweet surprise. Willoree remarked that the river must be getting a lot of exercise bc it's always moving. Joggers pass by.

Above that bridge is the sign that backwards people can read.

This is too close to Papyrus to remark without a little bit of uuguh.
My total favorite rusted metal pole. OMG.

Path leads to home, across the lake, past wild rose and a rock crushing factory. The mesh is a JUST SAY NO TO BEAVERS ideology; surrounding some trees.

Keeps me in, keeps me around.

Foot foot.

Roses hip me.

 I have two hips.

She has two hips.

Cattails have no hips. Do you see what monochromatic pre-spring Colorado is doing to me? Nuances are everywhere, like motorcycles.
Walks take a long time with a Pilgrim who's bent on taking it all in, every step. I sing many songs.
Juniper.

Longs Peak.

That rock cement making factory alluded to a few back. Great work, guys!
That's our house across the lake -- house: you know who you are! Holla!!
Trees that were once young, and upwardly mobile, then went through the fence, then got choked and girdled but absorbed the fence anyways and kept on growing, mildly deformed according to some...not to me.
 
1/3 panorama ...

... 2/3 panorama ...

... 3/3 panorama

What's a barrio these days without Mexican horses?
These tracks are bound for glory.

You don't see the hand; it's holding mine.

Time to plant, weed, make-shift table at home. Tomorrow...
We get home, take off our shoes, welcome wagon style to the kitchen for a late lunch and, later, some gum. I water seedlings, get Phoebe down for a nap. Ponder, wash a dish, work a minute, download.
Lastly, I just re-read these FOUR IMMEASURABLES, as a means to an invite of dedication. To what? To whatever! On my knees for this or that reason, or walking around, and of course in my various seats, while spreading peanut butter, filling the gas tank watching the price get so high, tapping this keyboard. May it be so! Om Shanti on the 3x.

May all sentient beings have equanimity, free from attachment, aggression and prejudice. 
May they be happy, and have the causes for happiness. 
May they be free from suffering and causes for suffering. 
May they never be separated from the happiness that is free from suffering. (3x)

No comments: